How can I learn more about mental health concerns?
- Effective Child Therapy: The site was developed by the Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies and the Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, a division of the American Psychological Association. This national website provides up-to-date information on evidence-based practices in psychology for the public, professionals, and educators.
- How to be a Wise Consumer of Psychological Research: A helpful link to teach readers important things to look for when reading research articles
- Magellan Health Services – Appropriate Use of Psychotropic Drugs in Children and Adolescents: these guidelines are designed to provide information and to assist practitioners with decisions regarding care.
- Medication for Children and Adolescents: (1) How Medications are Used, (2) Types of Medications, and (3) Questions to Ask
- National Center on the Sexual Behavior of Youth: This site offers information on how to respond to and prevent problematic sexual behaviors of youth.
- Family Education Fact Sheets: This site was developed by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. It offers multiple handouts specifically targeting families and consumers that provide general symptoms, treatment options, and support services for various mental illnesses.
Items with a *** after them are resources that are specific to families here in Hawaii