How can I learn more about mental health concerns?
- Clinical Distance Learning Series: The focus of these webinars spans from evidence-based treatments for depression in children to the introduction and interventions for early psychosis (video).
- Effective Child Therapy: The site was developed by the Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies and the Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, a division of the American Psychological Association. This national website provides up-to-date information on evidence-based practices in psychology for the public, professionals, and educators.
- Family Education Fact Sheets: This site was developed by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. It offers multiple handouts specifically targeting families and consumers that provide general symptoms, treatment options, and support services for various mental illnesses.
- How to be a Wise Consumer of Psychological Research: A helpful link to teach readers important things to look for when reading research articles
- Medication for Children and Adolescents: (1) How Medications are Used, (2) Types of Medications, and (3) Questions to Ask
- National Center on the Sexual Behavior of Youth: This site offers information on how to respond to and prevent problematic sexual behaviors of youth.
Items with a *** after them are resources that are specific to families here in Hawaii