How can I find more information about my child’s educational needs?
- Suspect that your child has a disability? Watch this video to see how you can provide your child with Special Education services.***
- Learning Disabilities Association of Hawaii: The official website for the Learning Disabilities Association of Hawaii. This website has lots of resources for families with children who have learning disabilities.***
- A Parent’s Guide to Partnership in Special Education: Program/IEP: A handout from SPIN Hawaii. Pages 11-14 of this resource provides information on how the IEP can help with the education of children with special needs.
- Transition Year: The Transition Year is an online resource center to help parents and students focus on emotional health before, during and after the college transition.
- Understood: The official website for the Understood organization. This website provides lots of resources for parents of children who are dealing with learning and attention issues.
- What is a 504 Plan and How Can It Help My Child? A tipsheet from Transitions RTC. This resource explains what a 504 plan is and how it can help children and teens with learning or behavioral disabilities in school.
- Teens on IEPs: Making My “Transition” Services Work for Me: A handout from Transitions RTC. This resource explains Individualized Education Programs (EPs) and transition services.
Items with a *** after them are resources that are specific to families here in Hawaii